WHAT IS NUTRITIONAL THERAPY?
“Nutritional Therapy is a practical approach and application of the latest research in advanced nutrition and health sciences to promote optimum health and peak performance.”
This typical sentence doesn’t answer what you want to know: “How can food help me look & feel better?”
Well, nutritional therapy is not only about what you eat, when and why.
I also look at how you digest and absorb the nutrients and what is eating you! I talk about emotions (anger, fear, stress, anxiety, depression, loneliness).
Together we will cover all areas of wellbeing (mental, emotional, nutritional, physical and spiritual) so that I can help you find the mystery of your issues and help you reverse or prevent disease with personalised dietary and lifestyle changes.
Many factors have an impact on your mood, sleep, appetite, energy levels, weight, focus, or concentration.
As a science-based nutritionist, I will take into consideration your biochemical individuality, diet, lifestyle, environment, mental and emotional state, existing medical conditions, and genetic factors.
I will review your blood test results and explain the biochemical mechanism in your body in very simple language so that you know WHY you are feeling the way you are feeling right now.
Like a detective, I will connect all the dots and help you find the root cause of your health issues rather than targeting individual symptoms so that we can co-create a plan that suits your unique needs and lifestyle.
If you experience hormonal imbalance and you live stressful life the cumulative effect of your lifestyle decisions might lead to chronic disease such as:
- cardiovascular disease
- auto-immune conditions
- mental health disorders
That’s what you certainly don’t want. Your body is trying to warn you before you get sick.
Do you experience any of these symptoms?
- energy slumps: do you feel drowsy in the afternoon?
- cravings for sweets or stimulants: do you need a coffee or something sweet to pick you up?
- frequent headaches: do you need to take ibuprofen or aspirin?
- chronic muscle or joint pain even without excessive exercise?
- gastrointestinal dysfunction (bloating, excessive gas, farting, heartburn, reflux, constipation, diarrhoea)
- skin eruptions (acne, rosacea, herpes, rash, hives)
- poor cognition (forgetful, short-fused, brain fog, lack of focus and clarity)
- poor sleep: do you find it difficult to drift off and sleep deeply all night long?
- anxiety and depression
- belly fat and weight gain despite eating healthily?
Changing eating patterns might be challenging if you are trying on your own and you don’t know where to start.
There are so many diets and recommendations out there but which one is the best for you?
Are you eating healthily but you feel that something is not quite right despite “normal” blood test results?
Are you looking for motivation, commitment and strategy that suits your hectic days and your taste buds?
Book a FREE 15-minute discovery call to find out if I could help you solve your health mystery.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM NUTRITION CONSULTATION?
I recommend scheduling a FREE 15-minute discovery call to find out if we are the right match.
After the discovery call, you will receive an email with the following documents :
1. Food & Mood Tracker (editable PDF form)
You need to track what you eat and why (genuine hunger, emotional overeating, social gathering, stress, lack of sleep, PMS) for 5-10 days so that I can better understand your lifestyle habits.
2. Comprehensive Health & Lifestyle Questionnaire (electronic version in English & German)
There are specific questions related to medical history, family history, health concerns, medication, digestion, emotional health, adrenal and thyroid function, immunity, allergies, blood test results, and any other factors that I would need to take into consideration.
A holistic approach is necessary to understand your health concerns thoroughly, assess your nutritional status, and learn about environmental, genetic, and other factors that may affect your health & wellbeing.
3. Blood tests analysis
I will interpret the blood test results and explain in simple language what is happening in your body. We might discover that you are:
- Tired because you have low levels of ferritin, transferrin, or serum iron
- Tired because you have high CRP levels (a marker of silent inflammation or HbA1c a marker of a prediabetic state)
- Have low cholesterol and your body can’t produce enough steroid hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone)
- Have high cholesterol with a risk of cardiovascular disease
- Enjoying too much wine or fatty meals and as a result, your liver enzymes are elevated
- Low in vitamin D, B12, folic acid, zinc, iodine or calcium. All these deficiencies could have an impact on your hormonal levels and body functions.
- Approaching perimenopause or menopause with usual & unusual symptoms
Your blood test results allow me to personalise a new dietary & lifestyle routine and prepare an action plan, including your favourite food (whenever possible) so that your new routine is enjoyable, practical and sustainable.
Comprehensive Initial Consultation
Investment: 270 CHF / 250 euro
- This comprehensive consultation is offered as a standalone or as a part of an ongoing package
- Typically represents 4-10 hours of my professional time researching and working on your case before our meeting
- You need to complete the Health Questionnaire and Food Diary & Lifestyle Tracker (editable PDF) before our consultation
- You need to provide me with your recent blood test results and current medical history and medication
- Based on the above-completed documents I might recommend additional blood tests if I suspect imbalance or deficiency
- Our 90-minute consultation is via webcam (Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, Google meet) or in-person in my office (Picassoplatz 4, Basel-Stadt)
Before our meeting I will:
- Review your completed 17-page Health & Wellbeing Questionnaire
- Analyse all your provided biochemical test results
- Research, review, and analyse your current medication & supplements
- Review thoroughly your 5-day food diary & lifestyle tracker
- Prepare additional questions for our one to one meeting.
During our 90-minute consultation I will:
- Talk you thought your blood test results and identify primary triggers that might have an impact on your current health & wellbeing
- Point out dietary mistakes based on your food diary & lifestyle tracker that might be causing your health issues
- Suggest strategies that would help you optimise your Health & Wellbeing (food, supplements, lifestyle habits)
After our consultation I will:
- Summarise main action points and provide you with a personalised package offer based on your unique needs
- Send you via email the recording of our ZOOM call so that you can absorb and digest all science-based information and take action
Personalised Restart Package (price on request)
WHO IS THIS PACKAGE FOR?
- Are you juggling a hectic life-work balance with very little time for yourself?
- Have you noticed changes in body shape despite eating healthily?
- No matter what you do, you can’t get rid of belly fat, saggy skin, stretch marks or cellulite?
- Do you feel low in energy and you reach for coffee or a snack to pick you up more often than you would want?
- Do you feel bloated or suffer from constipation and excessive gas?
- Are you looking for quick & simple healthy meal plans without spending hours in the kitchen?
- Do you feel lost because you don’t know where to start?
- Are you desperately looking for motivation, commitment and expert accountability buddy?
Here is what you need:
- Personalised nutrition advice so that you can boost your energy levels and kickstart the wellbeing transformation
- Unique meal plans with recipes that support your health goals (long & lean muscles, toned body, glowing skin, optimal digestion)
- Accountability with daily support (via WhatsApp or email) so that you know you are on the right track and take action daily
- Exercise plan so that you know how to schedule your agenda around your needs
- Realistic & sustainable goal setting with progress monitoring so that you keep the momentum going and take massive action
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Comprehensive Initial Consultation (90 minutes via ZOOM or in-person)
- Action Plan Consultations (3×60 minutes to specify goals, dietary & lifestyle changes)
- Personalised macro-nutrients calculation & menu plan for your unique needs (how much protein per day, correct food combination)
- Weekly Food & Mood diary review to keep you on the right track and implement science-based and practical tips (Short Whatsapp messages to evaluate macro-nutrients, point out alternatives, portion size control, food reactions)
- Assistance with shopping for new items from the recommended “Eat Clean Get Lean” shopping list
- Supplement programme to support mental, emotional and nutritional deficiencies, manage cravings & promote sustainable weight loss
- FREE cookbook with 140 easy recipes and cooking instructions using new ingredients for your particular needs
- BONUS – FREE access to educational recordings related to your specific needs (perimenopause, hormonal imbalance, bloating, inflammation, sleep)
4-week Online Course : Eat Clean Get Lean (09/2021)
Investment: from 297 CHF / 277 euro
- Live & recorded ZOOM webinars & WhatsApp group chats, private YouTube playlist with inspirational videos
- Weekly pre-recorded 3 x 20 minutes videos on topics such as blood sugar level, portion control, weight loss, inflammation, food combination, food allergies & sensitivities, digestion, constipation, detoxification, hormonal imbalance, cravings, binge eating & emotional overeating, anti-ageing, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, perimenopause, mood swings, PMS, perimenopause and menopause.
- Weekly LIVE Q&A to review your food diary & provide personalised feedback and suggestions for nutritional alternatives.
- Natural supplements recommendations to support mental, emotional & nutritional deficiencies, reduce cravings & achieve sustainable weight loss
- New recipes each week with cooking instructions using new ingredients from the Clean Eating Shopping List
- Sign up for the group course Eat Clean Get Lean SEPTEMBER 2021 here